About Pat Williams
Pat Williams has many years of experience practicing in major regional and international law firms in the areas of public finance and affordable housing, health care, trademark and copyright protection, information technology and nonprofit corporate and tax law. She opened her law office in 2010 to provide independent and innovative legal advice to clients in these areas.
Pat works with her clients to understand their business as well as their legal challenges in order to achieve their goals. She has held leadership positions in numerous educational, charitable and cultural organizations, and that background enables her to focus on the practicalities “on the ground” as well as the applicable legal issues.
With the use of technology Pat can communicate rapidly with clients and other working group members regardless of where they are located. She takes full advantage of online research and data to provide solid solutions to her clients.
Honors and Awards
- Rated Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent in both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards (highest rating)
- Recipient of the fourth annual “New Jersey Women Making History” award of the National Organization for Women – New Jersey Foundation.
- “New Jersey Super Lawyers 2005-2009″ and “The Top 50 Female New Jersey Super Lawyers 2005,” New Jersey Monthly
- “Who’s Who: New Jersey’s Business Leaders,” Business News New Jersey (2001, 2002, 2003)
- “Women Business Leaders,” Business News New Jersey’s Book of Lists (2001, 2002)
- Member, Financial Oversight Working Group, Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends
- Former Chair, Board of Trustees, Haddonfield Friends School
- Founder and Former Board Member of Alice Paul Institute, Inc.
- Former Board Member and Officer, Haddonfield Child Care, Inc., Cadbury Corporation (CCRC) and Arts & Business Partnership of Southern New Jersey, Inc.
- “Clawback of Executive Compensation under Financial Reform Laws,” American Health Lawyers Association Business Law and Governance Practice Group, Executive Summary, 11/3/10
- Quoted in “Former CEO on Board Can Stifle Business,” HR Magazine, 10/26/10 (Society for Human Resource Management www.shrm.org, Alexandria, VA) See http://tinyurl.com/2aruq9j
- “Can an Exempt Organization be Formed Solely to Provide Management and Investment Services to Exempt Organizations?,” New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, April 2010
- “The Legality of Physician Price-Fixing in New Jersey,” New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, June 2006
- “Negotiated Risk Agreements,” Long-Term Care Interface, April 2004
- “Negotiated Risk Agreements,” Health Lawyers Weekly, January 30, 2004
- Co-Author, “Joint Negotiation OK by Doctors Under the New New Jersey Law,” Newsletter of the American College of Surgeons, New Jersey Chapter, Spring 2002
- “New Health Care Privacy Standards,” Newsletter American College of Surgeons, New Jersey Chapter, Summer 2001
- “New Health Care Privacy Standards,” The Bulletin of the Essex County Medical Society, July/August 2001
Pat’s Latest Tweets